[syslinux] syslinux versus pxelinux

Pascal Vandeputte pascal.vandeputte at intec.ugent.be
Fri May 4 09:37:02 PDT 2007

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Pascal Vandeputte wrote:
>> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>>>
>>> Could you try it with the "noedd" option?
>> Hi,
>>
>> The "noedd" option indeed fixes the problem. Works now with 3.36 and
>> 3.50-pre6. But you probably want it working with EDD as well?
>
> Well, it's hard to know if it's memdisk that's at fault or FreeBSD.  In
> 3.36 I changed it so floppy images have EDD off by default, but yours is
> apparently a hard disk image?
>
> Anyway, it's a pretty low priority at the moment...
>
> 	-hpa

Well, I just managed to get the Ultimate Boot CD ISO converted into a
PXE-bootable hard disk image, and the behaviour is identical: if I use
3.07 it works, 3.36 doesn't, 3.36 + "noedd" works fine.

The UBCD has nothing to do with FreeBSD as far as I know, it starts the
menu.c32 menu which offers many options.

I could pass you that image as well if you wish. I'll mail details on
how to create it in a later mail. (short on time right now)

Best regards,

Pascal Vandeputte