[syslinux] PXELinux - Can I show the hardware address?

Tim Bates tin at new-life.org.au
Tue May 8 18:44:22 PDT 2007

I have been using PXELINUX for a few years now to boot our school's PCs.
For a while I've had the school logo and blank background fill the
screen to make it look more professional, but that means I can't see the
hardware address or IP address a machine gets.

Is there a way to insert the hardware address somewhere on the screen
other than when PXELINUX first starts up and blurts out a pile of text?
I'm thinking worst case I might be able to insert it into the boot
prompt, maybe printed on the line above. Would that be easy to do?

Tim B