[syslinux] PXELinux - Can I show the hardware address?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed May 9 15:34:20 PDT 2007

Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 09-05-2007 om 11:44 schreef Tim Bates:
>> Is there a way to insert the hardware address somewhere on the screen
>> other than when PXELINUX first starts up and blurts out a pile of text?
>> I'm thinking worst case I might be able to insert it into the boot
>> prompt, maybe printed on the line above. Would that be easy to do?
>
> It is :-)
>
> There are functions in pxelinux.0
>  that get the hardware address
>  convert that address in a string
>  print a string

Yes, or you can do it via a custom com32 module.

As far as having a more convenient way to do it, I could easily see
creating a button, like Ctrl-V for the version information, to get that
information at the command line; as for integrating it into a custom
message that would take more work (and a bit of thought); I am trying to
come up with a macro framework that's reasonably clean, and it probably
should fit into it, but that's definitely post-3.50 material.