[syslinux] syslinux current dir

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Thu May 17 11:14:30 PDT 2007

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>>> It seems it should work for SYSLINUX, EXTLINUX and ISOLINUX.  PXELINUX
>>> needs separate handling, since its "current directory" is a
>>> server+prefix combination.
>>
>> Yep, I forgot about that.  The prefix change is probably analogous (I
>> didn't check), hope the server change is easy, too.  But I guess
>> that's not too important to have.
>
> Actually for a lot of users, it's *very* important.  It should be quite
> easy, though.

I guessed wrong.  Not for the last, a guess... ;)

>> Too bad the patch doesn't work (not that I expected that).  I'll check
>> for some invalidated registers, and come back for advice if I can't
>> find the bug.
>
> I recommend setting up a simulator -- you can use Qemu with gdb,

I was afraid of that. :)  By the way, why is so much of the code in
assembly?  Is it too cumbersome to handle the real mode segmented
model in C?  People were doing it for quite some time, weren't they?

> or Bochs (which has an internal debugger), for example; AMD also has
> a downloadable version of SimNow! available.

I know Qemu and gdb, perhaps it's better to start with those.
(Oh dear, I really didn't mean to get here!)  Is there a way to get
syslinux symbol information into gdb?
--
Feri.