[syslinux] Help!I have problem in using pxelinux about menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed May 23 20:47:37 PDT 2007

景元克 wrote:
> I think,the problem is :menu.c32 and resamenu.c32 don't work on my computer.

Obviously true.

> And it's not the netcard's error,because if i don't use menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32,it work normally.

Wrong conclusion.  The most likely cause of the problem is the PXE stack
(part of the network card), followed by the BIOS.  This is especially so
since you're using the notoriously broken SiS900.

One thing you can do is to load Etherboot/gPXE and use it as a
replacement PXE stack.

> I think it's the cpu who cause the problem,perhaps my cpu doesn't work with menu.c32 and vrsamenu.c32.

Very unlikely.