[syslinux] SOLUTION: Version 3.35 problems with Broadcom BCM5780 chipset

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed May 30 02:08:56 PDT 2007

Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> The solution is now available:  Upgrade your IBM servers to the
> latest Broadcom firmware released by IBM on May 21, 2007 !
> The IBM web-page is at
> http://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-53693&brandind=5000008
>
> There is no hint what Broadcom did to solve our PXE problem,
> but the menu.c32 certainly works without any glitch now.
> It should be noted that we have also upgraded the system BIOS
> to the latest release, but I haven't determined if the BIOS
> level has any influence on the PXE menu problem.

I have now tested the PXELINUX menu.c32 on several IBM 326m Opteron servers
with the older Broadcom firmware, but using the latest system BIOS:
These servers still freeze after 1 or 2 moves in the menus.
Upgrading the Broadcom firmware as proposed above solves the problem.

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,