[syslinux] Multiboot DVD with original bootscreens kept intact

Gros Bedo gros_bedo at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:34:30 PDT 2007

> Does the tutorial here:
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Deploy_Linux_from_Windows_RIS_server_using_PXELinux
>
> (ignoring the PXE and RIS parts) not work do do what you want?
>
> I will admit though another tutorial that is more specific would be
> useful.
>
> Regards,
>

> Ryan McLean

No it doesn't because it directly loads the linux image, but what I wanted to do is very specific to multiboot disc because in this case you already have config files to load linux images, and usually these config files contains some precious info that are only loaded at boot prompt. And the only way to load again the boot prompt with these info is indeed the CONFIG option.

But it depends on the use you plan for your multiboot project. If you want to create a customized disc that will show your logo and infos and hide the original bootscreens it's better to use KERNEL/APPEND , but if you prefer to make what I call a true multiboot disc keeping original infos and bootscreens available then CONFIG is the way to go.

BTW thank's for the link I didn't know there was a wiki, I'll post my tutorial there when I'll get some spare time :D