[syslinux] Just a couple of hang-out install questions

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Wed Nov 7 01:06:47 PST 2007

"Bruce Korb" <bruce.korb at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to do a non-interactive installation on a system with only a
> serial port console.  The serial port only piece is working and most of
> the questions are pre-seeded (answered).  However, I can't seem to
> figure out what the question codes are for these last seven.  :(
> ``debconf-get-selections'' did not print anything out that I can correlate
> with these questions.  Where should I be looking for the mapping
> between these questions and the question owner & code string?

This is offtopic here.  Try the debian-boot support (list or IRC).

Look at the cdebconf templates.  On the system being installed they're in
/var/{lib,cache}/cdebconf; see questions.dat and templates.dat.  On
the installed system they can be found under
/var/log/debian-installer/cdebconf.

> Primary network interface:
>   1. eth0: Intel Corporation 82573E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) [*]
>   2. eth1: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller
> Prompt: '?' for help, default=1>

d-i netcfg/choose_interface select eth0

> Partitioning method:
>   1. Guided - use entire disk
>   2. Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM
>   3. Guided - use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM
>   4. Manual
> Prompt: '?' for help> 1

partman-auto partman-auto/init_automatically_partition select Manual

> Note that all data on the disk you select will be erased, but not before you
> have confirmed that you really want to make the changes.
> Select disk to partition:
>   1. SCSI1 (0,0,0) (sda) - 80.0 GB ATA WDC WD800JD-60LS [*]
> Prompt: '?' for help, default=1>
> [[[[...................]]]]
> !! ERROR: Debootstrap warning
>
> Warning: file:///cdrom/dists/etch/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz was corrupt
> [Press enter to continue]
> [[[[...................]]]]
> !! ERROR: Cannot access security updates
>
> The security updates on security.debian.org couldn't be accessed, so those
> updates will not be made available to you at this time. You should investigate
> this later.
>
> Commented out entries for security.debian.org have been added to the
> /etc/apt/sources.list file.
> [Press enter to continue]
> [[[[...................]]]]
> At the moment, only the core of the system is installed. To tune the system to
> your needs, you can choose to install one or more of the following predefined
> collections of software.
> Choose software to install:
>   1. Laptop      2. Standard system [*]
> Prompt: '?' for help, default=2>
> later to boot it.
> Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record?
>   1. Yes [*]  2. No
> Prompt: '?' for help, default=1>

d-i grub-installer/only_debian boolean false
Feri.