[syslinux] autoboot countdown timer

Peter peter at bitrunner.com
Mon Nov 19 12:22:32 PST 2007

Jesse W. Hathaway wrote:

>>> sorry for generating the noise on the list, I should have verified
>>> first that debian was using a released version of syslinux.
>>>
>> not your fault; but now you can try again.. i've uploaded 3.53 yesterday
>> to sid.
>>

> I am seeing the same result with 3.53 in sid. Perhaps there is a bug in
> 3.53?

Thats strange, I tested 3.53-pre5 and it worked (see earlier mail). But
I just made an image with debian-live (now carries 3.53) and it didn't
work.

But I also tested to replace the 3.53-debian menu.c32,vesamenu.c32 with
the downloaded 3.53-pre5 menu.c32,vesamenu-c32 from the tarball and
after the new image built, it worked.
So either there's a diff between 3.53-pre5 and the 3.53 or it's
something else. Jesse can't You test with the released 3.53 tarball from
syslinux directly.

I just replace the files in binary/data dir and then do a lh_binary.

regards
//Peter
--

/bitrunner/