[syslinux] syslinux and nasm tester

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Mon Nov 26 03:47:28 PST 2007

Hello,

Attached is the environment I've been using to test the latest syslinux
and nasm, booting ISO, FDD and HDD under qemu.

If anyone wants to receive the output of the daily tests, send me a
private message.

The README:

Script for automation of syslinux and nasm tests, using qemu and a
special init that just prints "BOOTED" to the console.

Images are created for the various tests (iso, floppy, hdd), qemu is started
with the appropriate boot options and the output from the (serial) console is
checked.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. A local (in the filesystem) git mirror of syslinux and nasm;
2. dietlibc for compilation of the init program.
3. a) A local (in the filesystem) git mirror of the 2.6.23 stable branch of
      the Linux kernel;
   b) alternatively, access to a kernel.org mirror and the curl program;
4. qemu;
5. mtools;
6. mktemp with -d option;
7. mke2fs, mkdosfs, mkisofs;
8. git.

USAGE:

Run make to compile the Linux kernel image with the special init.

Run make run, or ./sysltest.sh directly, for the tests. Some require
running with root permissions, and will be skipped otherwise.

CONFIGURATION:

The script sysltest.sh has two hard-coded paths:
- sysl=/linux/syslinux.git
  points to local git mirror of syslinux;
- nasm=/linux/nasm.git
  points to local git mirror of nasm.

The makefile has two hard-coded values:
- KERNEL_LOCAL = /linux/kernel/2.6.23.y.git
  points to local git mirror the stable 2.6.23 branch of the Linux kernel;
- KERNEL_MIRROR = ftp://ftp.di.uminho.pt/pub/kernel/v2.6/
  points to a mirror of Linux kernels, and will only be used if KERNEL_LOCAL
  is empty.

--
lfr
0/0