[syslinux] Syslinux & usb booting
curaga at operamail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:14:04 PST 2007
I only want to figure out why the Windows version did install a mbr, when it wasn't told to, as this is weird.
- I tried in Linux, made the partition, marked active, formatted fat32, did a "syslinux-nomtools -sf /dev/sda1"
- it wasn't bootable, as I hadn't used the mbr.bin (which I now know, thanks to Tomas)
- then I tried on Win XP, using the same stick, without partitioning again
- I used "syslinux -sf f:", ie no -m switch.
- and the stick was bootable
So, can someone explain what happened here?
Surf the Web in a faster, safer and easier way:
Download Opera 9 at http://www.opera.com
Powered by Outblaze
More information about the Syslinux