[syslinux] Help text at bottom screen for selected option

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Tue Oct 2 00:54:19 PDT 2007

Hi,

I vaguely remember this feature being requested before but i cant
remember/see if it was ever implemented.

Basically what i want is for the option the user has currently selected to
display help text at the bottom of the screen..

| -----------------------------------------|
| option 1                                       |
| option 2                                       |
| You have selected option 1 |
|________________________|

In the cfg files it should look like the following

LABEL MainMenu
        MENU DEFAULT
        MENU LABEL ^Main Menu
        MENU DESC  Will return you to the main menu.
        KERNEL vesamenu.c32

The reason I am requesting this is that I intend to server Firmware
updates via PXE for some of my servers, However I need to be able to
easily and clearly tell which is which and also what each applies to
(which may be several different servers).

Regards,

Ryan McLean