[syslinux] Any workaround for ThinkPad memdisk?

Rudy Moore the_orn at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 18:51:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

I saw the Nov. 2006 message on Memdisk having a problem with ThinkPads.  I also
saw the comment in the memdisk code enabling and disabling A20.

I've got a ThinkPad x61t that memdisk is not loading disk images on.  The
symptom is that it gets as far as saying "Loading boot sector... booting..."
Then image partially runs - FreeDOS prints out its kernel message and it's
warranty.  FreeDos stops at the line " - InitDisk" and then hangs.

Is this a known problem?  Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
Rudy