[syslinux] SYSLINUX Digest, Vol 55, Issue 5

Rudy Moore the_orn at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 13:24:57 PDT 2007

hpa wrote:
> Which version?  I'm starting to suspect a regression at least with the
> "raw" option in memdisk...
>
> 	-hpa

I was booting from a USB flash stick.  Syslinux booted other kernels fine, but
memdisk gave the error above.  The version was 3.52 downloaded directly from
kernel.org (it threw me at first that binaries were packed directly in with the
source, but I figured that out).

I didn't try the raw option.  I found a work around to format the flash disk as
a dos drive then transfer the files over the the flash drive.  It would be nice
to have a USB stick full of floppy images, but it's no longer necessary since I
found the way around.

This isn't urgent for me any more, but if you'd like me to try anything in
particular, I'm happy to oblige.

Thanks!
Rudy