[syslinux] extlinux support for root= ext2 label and/or uuid

Andrew Paprocki andrew at ishiboo.com
Sun Oct 7 12:54:53 PDT 2007

Is it possible to specify the root device in extlinux.conf by an ext2
label or uuid? How difficult is it to add this support if it is not
there? I am in a situation where this is needed and my fstab is
configured appropriately, but extlinux.conf still needs to be manually
updated when the root drive changes to a different scsi device (due to
the number of drives on the bus and the order of the controllers).

Thanks,
-Andrew