[syslinux] syslinux.com: sector read error
Devin at freeshell.org
Mon Oct 29 09:42:18 PDT 2007
Hello. I cannot install syslinux on my hard disk image. Steps to
reproduce the problem:
(1) Create a zeroed disk image with 800 tracks, 32 sides, and 63
sectors or 825753600 bytes
(2) Fdisk and format it with "format.com /S C:" from windows 98SE
(3) Copy syslinux (tested version 3.11, 3.20, and latest released) to
(4) Run "lock C:" and press "Y" (why is this necessary?)
(5) Boot drive and run "syslinux c:"
(6) Get "sector read error"
I am using qemu 0.9.0. This works with disks having different
If it's easier you can download the disk ready to boot at http://
More information about the Syslinux