[syslinux] memdisk patch

Duane Voth duanev at io.com
Sat Sep 1 09:36:27 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 10:38:43PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I had to massage your patch to fit into the latest source base; could
> you please try out 3.52-pre8 to make sure it works as intended?

Hi Peter, sorry this took so long.  I found the repository and
tested against Wednesday's top of the tree.  The memdisk there
runs all my tests just fine.

> (I have also downloaded your disk image and added it to my collection.
> It booted, but gave me an "invalid opcode" error after loading DOSLFN --
> looks like it might be related to the program "tcpinfo".  Not sure if
> that is expected or not.)

Humm, I don't see tcpinfo in autoexec.bat but maybe you are
testing some of the programs on the image by hand.  I deliberately
left out a packet driver as the undi driver I'm using is proprietary.
(undi_pkt.com from www.emboot.com and easily worth the $7 they want)
fyi use:
    # gunzip fdoshd.img.gz
    # losetup /dev/loop0 -o 32256 fdoshd.img
    # mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/tmp
to hack that filesystem.

The image boots (as is) for me inside bochs 2.3, qemu 0.8.2, and on
some real hardware, but hangs inside a qemu 0.9.0 via kvm (circa April)
but not at doslfn ... it hangs earlier on.

duane