[syslinux] Slightly OT: Anyone got a PXE bootable HDD low level format tool?

Tim Bates tin at crdc.com.au
Sun Sep 2 16:32:41 PDT 2007

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a utility for low level
formating Maxtor ATA hard disks that can be booted from PXELinux (either
as some kind of binary or as a floppy image)?

I just went to get the official tools, but they only have a floppy
creator (which won't help me in Linux, or without a floppy drive) and a
CD ISO. And it seems 99% of 3rd party software is unhelpfully the same
(or is a Windows program).

TB