[syslinux] Trying to invoke menu.c32 programmatically.

Antonio Carlini arcarlini at iee.org
Tue Sep 4 13:18:37 PDT 2007

I have a (very) modified menu system modelled on complex.c.

Most stuff works as I would like but I want to invoke menu.c32
with a specific config (basically I want to integrate the UBCD
into my bootable disk).

If I were doing this from a .cfg file I would have something like:

LABEL ubcd_menu
MENU LABEL ^U  UBCD Menu
KERNEL /boot/isolinux/menu.c32
APPEND /UBCD/menus/main.cfg

and it would all work nicely (and indeed those lines
are from my /boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg and do work nicely).

However, when my program invokes runsyslinuxcmd(cmd)
with (effectively) "/boot/isolinux/menu.c32 /UBCD/menus/main.cfg"
it doesn't do what I want. It does find menu.c32 but it is invoked
with my /boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg, as though the argument
had been completely lost.

I've been poking around trying to find the code that handles
KERNEL/APPEND but I've managed to lose myself in a maze of
twisty little passages ...

Thanks for any help,

Antonio
arcarlini at iee.org