[syslinux] Creating a bootable partition on a USB disk with syslinux

Ian Brown ianbrn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:45:54 PDT 2007

Hello,
Thanks!
So the answer given by Ali is not enough:
>if you can see "ldlinux.sys" file on the disk syslinux did its job

As I understand, seeing  "ldlinux.sys" does not yet says that it is bootable.

If I understand right, If it is bootable, than "fdisk -l" must show it
is bootable (by showing an '*' in the partition entry)

Another answer here said that you install an MBR and mark the partition active
by syslinux. "rpm -ql syslinux" shows me /usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin;
but I don't know how to
install an MBR and mark the partition active with syslinux (and if it
is possible at all).

Regards,
Ian