[syslinux] Creating a bootable partition on a USB disk with syslinux

Ian Brown ianbrn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:06:46 PDT 2007

Hello,
 I just one to add one little thing:

I said:
> but I don't know how to
> install an MBR and mark the partition active with syslinux (and if it
> is possible at all).

I know for sure that this is possible from DOS or Win32, according to
/usr/share/doc/syslinux-3.36/syslinux.doc (I have syslinux-3.36).

It says in that doc:

  "Under DOS or Win32, you can install the SYSLINUX MBR with the -m
  option to the SYSLINUX installer, and use the -a option to mark the
  current partition active:

	syslinux -ma c:"

But I work with Linux, and as I understand, there are no -a and -m options
from Linux.
" syslinux -h" gives:
Usage: syslinux [-sf][-d directory][-o offset] device

Regards,
Ian