[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.52 release visible in 'git'

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Sep 26 09:07:27 PDT 2007

Op 25-09-2007 om 17:22 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have just released SYSLINUX 3.52, being functionally identical to
> 3.52-pre10.

How to make those "mile stones" visible in the versioning tool 'git'?

Right now I get "version 3.50" with `git describe`,
where I do expect 3.52.

What do other people see?

Cheers
Geert Stappers
--
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$ git fetch
Fetching refs/heads/master from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/syslinux/syslinux.git using http
* refs/heads/origin: not updating to non-fast forward branch 'master' of
* http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/syslinux/syslinux
  old...new: a81fb89...595705f
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$ git describe
syslinux-3.50-pre5-144-ga81fb89
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$ git branch
* master
  origin
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$ git describe master
syslinux-3.50-pre5-144-ga81fb89
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$ git describe origin
syslinux-3.50-pre5-144-ga81fb89
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$ git show-branch --list
* [master] Fix building on a 64-bit system without a 32-bit system installed
  [origin] Fix building on a 64-bit system without a 32-bit system installed
stappers at alpaca:/usr/src/syslinux
$