[syslinux] SDI loading patch

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Apr 1 12:24:47 PDT 2008

Andrew Stuart wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>>> I have a small sdi for booting Vista installs, but I think it relies
>>> on a few other files as well. If I can get a binary of the com32 I can
>>> figure out what files you need and tar it up for you.
>>> (I don't use / have access to a linux box currently)
>> http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/syslinux/sdi.c32
>>
>>     -hpa
>
> Okay, I need to take off for the evening. I didn't have any luck. The
> image I built works off cd, but by being booted from sdi.c32 fails.
> Before I say it's broken though, I want to review the documentation that
> goes along with the inital patch, to see if there is anything special I
> need to do.

I appreciate the help.

It might be worth building the original patch (which looks like it's
against syslinux-2.11) and see if that boots the image or not.  I built
what still builds of syslinux-2.11 with current tools, with the patch,
and put it at:

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/syslinux/syslinux-2.11-sdi.tar.gz

It's actually kind of shocking looking at this old code and realizing
just how much development has happened between then and now...