[syslinux] gpxelinux 3.70pre7 - keeppxe problem

Collins, Jeremy Collins_Jeremy at sccollege.edu
Wed Apr 2 10:37:51 PDT 2008

First let me say I'm really excited about the possibility of dynamic
menu creation over http using php. When this is stable it will make
maintinging some of our pxelinux infrastructure much easier. Id like to
thank all involved; I'm really looking forward to the gpxe intigration.

After hpa's announment for 3.70pre7 I begain testing. I dropped the new
gpxelinux.0 and new c32 modules into my existing infrastructure. Except
the g/pxelinux.0 and .c32 files everything else is the same as I use in
production with syslinux 3.51. The HTTP fetching seems to work in my
testing so far. I've got menus being dynamically generated from a PHP
script.

I did find that my dos boot disks using keeppxe and the 3com undi driver
no longer work and give the errors 'Set Packet Filter failed' and
'Error: 255 Unable to Bind'. I'm not sure if keeppxe problem I'm
observing is related to the chainloading other NBPs from gpxelinux.0
problem which isn't working yet according to the announcment or if it's
a separate issue. If it is a separate issue and you would like something
from my test system let me know and I'll try to get it to you. Thanks
again for all the hard work.

Jeremy Collins
Santiago Canyon College