[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.63-pre3 release candidate; SDI image booting

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Apr 7 18:03:49 PDT 2008

Hello,

I just received a serious bug report from Stas Kysel of rPath (with a
great test case); it appears that deleted files can confuse extlinux so
that it misses files.

This is bad.

As a result, I have pushed out 3.63-pre3, and intend to make a 3.63
final shortly.  I would appreciate any help testing this.

Furthermore, I would like to finish the SDI booting module, but I have
yet to receive a SDI file from anyone to test with.  I probably won't
have time to experiment with the XP embedded trial edition, so I would
appreciate any help.