[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.63-pre4

a178235 a178235 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 16:05:30 PDT 2008

The sdi.asm module was written by Rémi Lefèvre. I will try to contact him to see if he has a prebuilt sdi file. I’m more interested in booting Vista via SDI, and currently there is not a Vista Embedded toolkit yet, so technically it’s not supported by Microsoft. I created a winpe.sdi using the unmodified Windows AIK boot.sdi and winpe.wim files and merged them using:
  copy /b boot.sdi + winpe.wim winpe.sdi
  This did not load with either your sdi.c32 or Rémi Lefèvre's , but it did work when I replaced the \RemoteInstall\Boot\boot.sdi with winpe.sdi, and it did load the generic WinPE instead of my customized WDS boot image.
  This may be a mute point if gPXELinux is able to chain load wdsnbp.com. Does anybody have gPXELinux loading wdsnbp.com of pxeboot.com?

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
  I have tackled a major bug that affected sdi.c32 especially, but might
at least theoretically have affected other formats as well. It
*appears* to load the SDI image I managed to stitch together with XP
Embedded Studio, but it doesn't actually boot neither on my system nor
in simulation; then trying to upgrade it to SP2 caused it to corrupt
itself, so I'm not all that keen to trying to make that bit actually work.

Help with testing would *really* be appreciated at this point...

Unsubscribe or set options at: