[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.63-pre4

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Wed Apr 9 19:01:17 PDT 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I have tackled a major bug that affected sdi.c32 especially, but might
> at least theoretically have affected other formats as well.  It
> *appears* to load the SDI image I managed to stitch together with XP
> Embedded Studio, but it doesn't actually boot neither on my system nor
> in simulation; then trying to upgrade it to SP2 caused it to corrupt
> itself, so I'm not all that keen to trying to make that bit actually work.
>
> Help with testing would *really* be appreciated at this point...
>
> 	-hpa

I have been quiet, but I am still attempting to get this going here. I
have an image that seems to work, gets to Booting... and does nothing. I
will see if I can compile the new version and give it a go.

On a side note, It appears grub4dos has support for loading sdi files. I
am currently looking at that to see if I can get my file working with
it. I say it appears, because so far there is very little information
about it.

The information I see, is that it is only mentioned in the command help
output for chainload. I am hoping I can figure out grub quickly and post
a success, otherwise I have no idea if this file is setup correctly.
Using it in the fashion I am used to requires external files, and does
seem to work correctly.

-Andrew