[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.63 released (and 3.70-pre9)

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Apr 10 11:52:26 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I have released SYSLINUX 3.63.  The main update is a fix to EXTLINUX,
which would get confused by directories with deleted file entries.
Special thanks to Stas Kysel of rPath, Inc. for spotting this problem
and giving me an excellent test case; and of course to rPath, Inc. in
general for being my employer and being extremely supportive of my
SYSLINUX work!

I have also released 3.70-pre9; this is simply the 3.70 branch (with
gPXE integration) with the 3.63 changes merged in.

Changes in 3.63:
         * Fix errors in the PCI and DMI detection modules (Erwan Velu,
           Sebastian Herbszt).
         * Fix host dependencies and other issues in the build system.
         * PXELINUX: Allow class E addresses as unicast.
         * sdi.c32: module to load Microsoft System Deployment Images.
           For additional information, please see:
         * EXTLINUX: Correct reading directories with deleted entries.
         * Shuffle library: correct the handling of certain geometries
           (an upward move with source material blocking the move); as
           required by sdi.c32 but theoretically possible for other
           formats as well.
         * Add "make netinstall" to install /tftpboot.
         * Fix some documentation files that didn't get moved/renamed.

Begin3
Title:          syslinux
Version:        3.63
Entered-date:   2008-04-10

                 operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3
                 filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network servers
                 using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs.  The FAT
                 filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
                 Linux.

                 It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
                 modules, including a significant subset of the
                 standard C library.

                 It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
                 operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
                 or CD-ROM.