[syslinux] MEMDISK not working on Thinkpads

Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com
Tue Apr 22 02:20:33 PDT 2008

Hello Ferenc,

we use quite often memdisk to boot DOS from floppy images via PXE on
IBM/lenovo Thinkpads. We have no trouble with thinkpad at all and we use a
lot of different thinkpad modells (mostly newer ones) but also some older
modells.

Are you shure that nothing is wrong with your Image. If you boot DOS via
PXE and you use himem make shure you have the /testmem:off switch set in
the config.sys.
What is the OS you're booting via memdisk? If you use ME make you use
bigraw in your SYSlinux/PXELINUX/ISOLINUX-configfile when invoking memdisk.

Peter Leenders

             Ferenc Wagner
             <wferi at niif.hu>
             syslinux-bounces@         For discussion of SYSLINUX and
             zytor.com                 tftp-hpa <syslinux at zytor.com>
                                                                        cc

             22.04.2008 10:15                                      Subject
                                       Re: [syslinux] MEMDISK not working
                                       on Thinkpads
             Please respond to
             For discussion of
               SYSLINUX and
                 tftp-hpa
             <syslinux at zytor.c
                    om>

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:

> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> Chris.Young at serco.com wrote:
>>
>>> I checked the archive and it looks like this is a known problem, but no

>>> news since Dec 2006.  So, I was wondering, is there any update on this
>>> problem, as I've tried it on a variety of Thinkpads with up to the
latest
>>> version of syslinux/memdisk.
>>
>> Unfortunately, none of the Thinkpads I have access to exhibit this
>> problem, so I have no way to reproduce it, and since there is very
>> little concrete information about what is wrong on the technical level,
>> there isn't much I can do.
>
> Scratch that, got my hands on one.  I'll look at this probably next week
> or the week after.

Thanks!!
--
Feri.