[syslinux] MEMDISK not working on Thinkpads

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Apr 22 05:41:27 PDT 2008

Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com writes:

> we use quite often memdisk to boot DOS from floppy images via PXE on
> IBM/lenovo Thinkpads. We have no trouble with thinkpad at all and we use a
> lot of different thinkpad modells (mostly newer ones) but also some older
> modells.
>
> Are you shure that nothing is wrong with your Image. If you boot DOS via
> PXE and you use himem make shure you have the /testmem:off switch set in
> the config.sys.
> What is the OS you're booting via memdisk? If you use ME make you use
> bigraw in your SYSlinux/PXELINUX/ISOLINUX-configfile when invoking memdisk.

See http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2007-December/009291.html for
example.  But others also had similar problems.  If you could try
booting the same images on your models, I would be interested to hear
the results.  I routinely use memdisk to boot other machines, and most
of the time it indeed works perfectly well.
Feri.