[syslinux] Disable clear screen

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Apr 28 07:59:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the clear screen when loading syslinux ?

Since the IBM BIOS on xSeries systems shows the MAC address of the onboard
NICs, I would like to have them on screen when people do a kickstart
fro mthe prompt using eg: ksdevice=<MAC address>

I personally think that the clear screen is unwanted in most cases since
people can add that to the boot message (ctrl-L) if they need it. If all
the drivers in POST would do a clear screen, it would be very
discomforting and even if syslinux is an exception (being the last one in
the row) removing vital messages just before could lead to undetected
problems.