[syslinux] About "MENU TITLE" and possible hotkey handling

Giulio Orsero giulioo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:11:44 PDT 2008

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:18:22 -0700, "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

>Giulio Orsero wrote:
>> The stripping of the "^" char makes my wonder whether there's a way, maybe
>> undocumented, to use hotkey in "MENU TITLE" too; is there a way?
>>

>Sounds like a bug to me.  Try changing "MENU TITLE" to "MENU LABEL" and
>see what happens.

Replacing "MENU TITLE" with "MENU LABEL" makes hotkey work, thanks.

I didn't use "MENU LABEL" since the doc says "only after LABEL" and I was
trying with

MENU BEGIN
	MENU TITLE  Description
MENU END

and so I though I couldn't use it, but actually it works.
However, if I add a LABEL statement, just to be safe,

MENU BEGIN
	LABEL something
	MENU LABEL description
MENU END

then "description" is not shown even if it takes its place (empty/hidden
line) in the main menu, and it activates the submenu, where it's not in the
submenu title but as the 1st entry of the submenu.
giulioo at pobox.com