[syslinux] deepdive .0 extension

Thomas Ekstrand teknikerthomas at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 01:01:49 PDT 2008

Hi!

I know the .0 extension is off limits for linux kernels but what happens when the kernel file extension is .0 ?

I'm trying to troubleshoot our system because everytime someone tries to boot a kernel image with a .0 extension it overwrites a large part of the clients BIOS flash. I've tried it on a different system with other hardware and it only hangs (like it should I presume) yet it is not an individual error I've had several of these system in for fixing.

so what is the PXE code doing in the systems BIOS?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
Thomas