[syslinux] Accessing Memdisk from Protected Mode

Loginov Alexander aloginov at asmpt.com
Thu Aug 14 04:52:44 PDT 2008

Hello,

I would like to access Memdisk (as a RAM disk) from my application in
pure protected mode. "Pure" means that I don't' want to have any
switches to real mode even if these switches are automatically handled
by Memdisk interrupt stubs. The reason is that my application is running
on top of Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM). This virtualization layer is
quite simple and doesn't tolerate any transitions to real mode.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Alex