[syslinux] pxelinux server's IP address

Tomas M tomas at slax.org
Thu Aug 14 06:19:38 PDT 2008

Hello,
I am experimenting with pxelinux.

My setup is currently working.
My network card receives IP address from DHCP server, and then it downloads pxelinux.0 and executes it.
PXElinux loads its config file ('pxelinux.cfg/default') and is able to download vmlinuz and initrd.gz from TFTP server, and execute vmlinuz.

Now the question:
is there any way to pass server's IP address as a commandline argument to vmlinuz? Like if I type it to 'append' section in config file.

I would like to see /proc/cmdline after the vmlinuz boots and I'd like to be able to grep servers IP address from there.

Is there any way ?

Thank you.

Tomas M