[syslinux] failed when boot the kernel image on the hard disk from syslinux on a floppy

Vance Turner Vance.Turner at datadomain.com
Thu Aug 21 09:58:46 PDT 2008

Peter, I am trying to find someone at Microsoft that can speak to the
technical issues of RIS and Windows Deployment Toolkit 2008. Seems they
are clueless as to this in general. I am to the point of pulling my hair
out on this stuff.

With the advent of iSCSI, why can't we just modify pxelinux to be iSCSI
aware, and we can define the CD Images as iSCSI targets on some
directory structure. There we can also point to some generic install
script to fire off the automated installation. Kickstart, and Yast are
already there for Linux RHEL and SUSE, Solaris would fit into this
easily, Windows wouldn't even know it was a network install.

Have you looked into this?