[syslinux] syslinux and isolinux

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Aug 25 08:32:44 PDT 2008

Hi - I am trying to make a centos 5.2 x86_64 boot USB device for
installation.

I copied the centos 5.2 x86_64 DVD to a USB pen drive formatted for FAT32.
I then ran syslinux -sf /dev/sdc1 to get it to boot. I mounted it, and did
cp isolinux/vmlinuz .
cp isolinux/isolinux.cfg syslinux.cfg
then setup the  MBR.

THe device booted but I got an error message about unknown command in
the syslinux.cfg file.

Isnt syslinux and isolinux compatible - they are in the same package?
All these commands below look correct from the syslinux.cfg file.

What is syslinux.cfg not liking? I am surprised the error message didnt
give a line number or some HINT
as to where the issue was.

Jerry
----------