[syslinux] Problem in last second

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Aug 26 00:18:12 PDT 2008

Advice: hit the spacebar ( the largest key on your keyboard )
Request: maintain the discussion order ( to keep the list archive readable )

Op 20080825 om 12:26 schreef Samuel Rios Carvalho:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Erwan <erwan at seanodes.com> wrote:
> > Luis.F.Correia wrote:
> >> Perhaps it would be best if you describe a little better the
> >> specifics of your problem.
> >>
> >> For example, the pxelinux.cfg file would be very interesting.
> >>
> > and of course, the version of pxelinux you use ;o)
> >
> My config file
>
> #### START HERE ####
> DEFAULT vesamenu.c32
> PROMPT 0
> MENU TITLE PARATI
> MENU BACKGROUND 40
> menu color sel 7;37;40
> NOESCAPE 1
> ALLOWOPTIONS 0
> TIMEOUT 100
>
> label 1
>   menu label DEBIAN 4.0
>   kernel vmlinuz-2.6.23.9-etherboot
>   append root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.5:/mnt/imagens/parati ip=::::parati::dhcp
>
> label 2
>   menu label OPENSUSE 11.0
>   kernel vmlinuz-2.6.25-suse
>   append root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.5:/mnt/imagens/parati_suse ip=::::parati::dhcp rw
>
> label 3
>   menu label MEMTEST
>   kernel memtest
> #### FINISH HERE ####
>
> I'm using 3.70. Maybe this version is wrong? Currently is in 3.71.
> This problen don't case every day. very strange.

Over here is that problem even stranger due the lack of information.

>From the original posting: ( 20080825, 01:32, Samuel Rios Carvalho )
| I use pxelinux with menu color. When in last second to boot (is
| configured with automatic login in timeout), freeze my system. I have
| that press reset button. I need a help. Thanks.

What is 'last second to boot' ?
What happens when _no_ menu color is set?
Do the same things happen with version 3.71?

In other words: Take time to describe your problem.

Cheers
Geert Stappers