[syslinux] Regressions in syslinux 3.71

Daniel Baumann daniel at debian.org
Sun Aug 31 13:40:24 PDT 2008

Hi,

Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
>>  * isolinux fails to boot on MacBooks, see #412682
>>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=412682
>
> I could not find version 3.63 being mentioned as working in this report.
> Did i miss something?

3.31 (etch) does definitely work, and 3.71 (sid/lenny) definitely doesn't.

>>  * isolinux sort of hangs when beeing run in qemu, see #496869
>>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=496869
>
> I tried to reproduce it with qemu r5116, latest bochs bios and
> debian-40r4a-i386-businesscard.iso but it did work as expected.
> Full "Press F1 for help, or ENTER to boot:" message printed.

etch (debian-4.0r4a*) images are using syslinux version 3.31, which work.

current lenny images are using syslinux version 3.63, which work too.

current lenny live images are using syslinux version 3.71, which don't work.

[ for unrelated reasons, the installer media do, rather than the live
media,  not use syslinux out of the normal debian repository, but embedd
their copy into the build-tool (debian-cd), and thus are always lacking
behind. ]

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net