[syslinux] Patch: Allow args with spaces

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:14:57 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Marcel Ritter
<Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the first attached patch extends the argument parsing code to allow (shell
> like) spaces. A config like

Nice idea.

> What's that good for? Example code can be found in dmiselest.c32 (second
> patch).
>
> This c32 module uses code from dmitest to check the current hardware
> it's running on.
> You can specify a list of known "system names" and a command line to
> execute if the
> machine type matches.

Nice.  I can think of another enhancement, though (probably better as
another module, say dmiselbios.c32 or dmiselectbios.c32).  If the
parameters were triples instead of pairs, you could feed it a BIOS
version string and compare the string values to choose whether to run
the BIOS updater.  I'd love to be able to do this on systems in my
organization (except I'll have to figure out how to automate the
installer).

> Let me know if I can do something to get this merged into syslinux.

Did you read doc/SubmittingPatches.txt?

--
"No one ever says, 'I can't read that ASCII E-mail you sent me.'"