[syslinux] NTLDR Under ISOLINUX

Mr Roboto mr-roboto at linuxmail.org
Thu Dec 4 09:00:04 PST 2008

Is there a practical reason that the NTLDR clause of the CHAIN
module isn't operable under ISOLINUX ?  The reason for my question
is that I like the SYSLINUX suite over the alternatives, that is
GRUB and BCDW, however these pkgs all can chainload (just about
anything) from an ISO.  That is, they can handle .BSS files and
the various NT/XP boot files, like SETUPLDR.BIN, etc.

I make/update quite a few special purpose boot discs during the course
of a month and it would be a big help to have a single tool (SYSLINUX)
for every project.  It's my hope that the design issue(s) in question
isn't/arent' a major obstacle to this suggestion.  I know I posted (a
couple of months ago) a similar question about .BSS files, but neglected
to follow up on Peter's reply.  I imagine there are at least a few
others who don't participate on the list, but would appreciate these
changes.

Anyway, from my perspective, the most recent releases (3.7x) have been
great and trouble-free, so whenever the next release is planned, one
hopes this proposal will be considered for inclusion.  Won't be much
help anymore on the coding-side, but I *can* test the stuff that I've
mentioned.

Later and keep up the good work....Jet