[syslinux] [Etherboot-developers] gPxe functionality in pxelinux

Marty Connor mdc at etherboot.org
Fri Dec 5 05:27:27 PST 2008

Michael Brown wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2008 20:56:09 Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
>>> I will be happy with something that
>>> works "as expected", even if that doesn't match the official spec.  It
>>> needs to be small enough to be compiled in unconditionally as part of DNS
>>> [...]
>> Sounds like the current patch meets the requirements.  In addition to
>> myself, Brian Seitz has successfully tested the patch.
>>
>> Do you want Domain Name to be cached for consistency with the rest of
>> the codebase?
>
> Yes; I like consistency.  :)
>
> Marty: do you want to push the patch into your new "staging" tree, so we can
> try out the mechanics of merging changes that way?
>
> Michael

I've chatted with Stefan and he's going to make the required change and
push it to a branch in gpxe-staging tonight.

I've already been practicing mechanics on the staging tree, btw.  There
is a patch in the e1000 branch ready for merging:

   http://git.etherboot.org/?p=gpxe-staging.git;a=shortlog;h=e1000

Please take a look.

How do you recommend we apply branches from the staging tree to our main
development tree?  git cherry-pick?  If you're up to it, if you could
send an example workflow for merging to the main repository, I'd
appreciate it.

Marty