[syslinux] Patch: Allow args with spaces

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Dec 8 06:24:27 PST 2008

H. Peter Anvin schrieb:
> Sergey Vlasov wrote:
>
>> Good idea (unfortunately, not all machines can be flashed with memdisk
>> due to compatibility issues with protected mode); however, the
>> interface using a single long command line is not ideal.  The
>> ethersel.c32 module does a similar thing with PCI device IDs, but
>> reads the PCI ID list from a file.  IMHO this is better than using a
>> long command line (which currently has a 2047 character limit).

<snip>

> Ultimately, we really do need a scripting language, i.e. hooking this
> stuff up to the already-implemented Lua interpreter.

Sounds reasonable. I was looking for the lua enabled syslinux version,
but all I found was
http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2008-July/010386.html

So I tried to check it out, doing:

git clone git://git.etherboot.org/scm/people/xl0/syslinux-lua.git

But I can't see lua.c(32) (or any other file mentioning lua).

Any hint where to get the lua enabled version? Or did I miss something?

Bye,
   Marcel