[syslinux] bootsplash: splash=silent always boots as splash=verbose

Ayvaz, James James.Ayvaz at hp.com
Mon Dec 8 14:21:19 PST 2008

After further investigation I found that the splash silent image resolution did not match the value passed with the vga= argument.  The filename of the image was 800x600 but when opened in GIMP the actual resolution was 640x480 (doh!)  Changing the resolution resolved the issue.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the help.