[syslinux] Is there debug version of syslinux?

Bo Xie xiebopublic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:18:54 PST 2008

According to http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php, ISOLinux has debug version.
-----http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php---
ISOLINUX is by default built in two versions, one version with extra
debugging messages enabled.

My question is: Is there similar debug version for syslinux?

PS. My USB Key uses syslinux 3.11. When it boots, it shows "loading
linux....\n Loading initrd.gz....", then blank screen. I have not seen
any linux kernel's debug message. I want to know whether it is a
syslinux issue or linux kernel issue.

Note: The same usb key boots OK on another machine and it shows linux
kernel's debug message. Then I guess there is an incompatibility issue
between the failed machine and syslinux 3.11 (or my linux kernel).

Thanks!