[syslinux] Linux client cannot mount to NFS-Root: Portmap RPC call returned error 101

a s p a s i a aspasia.sf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:37:17 PST 2008

> Well, it is... PXELINUX (part of SYSLINUX) is what's used to get the
> system to the point where the kernel and initrd is loaded.

I thought so, I think it was your paper I read when I started building
my PXE server.

> At that point, things are technically out of scope for this mailing
> list, although the consensus last time the question was

I do understand; and it is difficult to delineate between components
when things somehow interrelate closely as in the PXE installation and
remote NFS-root exporting of binaries to clients that
dhcp-pxe-boot....

> allow that kind of discussion anyway.

that is nice to know;  thank you sir.

- asp.