[syslinux] isolinux problem: recent kernel versions vs. old hardware

Michael Prokop news at michael-prokop.at
Thu Feb 14 10:06:20 PST 2008

* H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> [20080214 18:39]:
> Michael Prokop wrote:

> > Failure mode: nothing isolinux related is visible at all, like if
> > there weren't a bootable CD available. Is there anything we could do
> > to provide additional information to you?

> Also, how did you create your iso filesystem?

mkisofs -V 'grml 0.1' -publisher 'grml-live | grml.org' -l -r \
        -J -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table   \
        -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin                         \
        -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o /path/to/grml_0.1.iso .

# mkisofs --version
mkisofs 2.01 is not what you see here. This line is only a fake for too clever
GUIs and other frontend applications. In fact, this program is:
genisoimage 1.1.2 (Linux)

regards,
-mika-