[syslinux] isolinux problem: recent kernel versions vs. old hardware

Michael Prokop news at michael-prokop.at
Thu Feb 14 14:42:04 PST 2008

* Andrew Stuart <andrew at shopcusa.com> [20080214 23:25]:
> Michael Prokop wrote:

> > # mkisofs --version
> > mkisofs 2.01 is not what you see here. This line is only a fake for too clever
> > GUIs and other frontend applications. In fact, this program is:
> > genisoimage 1.1.2 (Linux)

> Have you tried using a true mkisofs? Not sure if you noticed, but it
> would appear you are using genisoimage, which is emulating mkisofs
> compatibility.

Yeah thanks. I've build ISOs using mkisofs of cdrtools-2.01.01a37
today and should receive results from testing tomorrow (15th of
february).

In case of interest - the ISOs I gave to my testers:
http://debian.netcologne.de/www.grml.org/devel/test/

If you think there's another combination of tools/command line/...
we should try please let me know.

regards,
-mika-