[syslinux] vesamenu.c32 + include + CLI woes

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 15 10:16:34 PST 2008

Bryan Perry wrote:
> Right, I have played with that option too. The problem I have is that all of the label statements from the included submenu config files still show up in the main menu where I only want menu options to go to the submenus. In looking through the documentation I am lead to believe that the INCLUDE directive should not put the labels in the menu, only the MENU INCLUDE directive should do that but it doesn't appear to be working that way.

I don't know what lead you to that idea.

> If the INCLUDE directive only included the configuration and did not alter the main menu this would be the perfect way to solve my problem.

You're missing the point.  Your main menu is NOT the main configuration
file (with the INCLUDE directives): your main menu is a separate file,
and by putting it into the DEFAULT directive, you get the menu system to
go straight there.

> By the way, thanks for the response. It's surprising how many open source projects don't get any response from developers.

Well, you get what you pay for, I guess.