[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.62-pre7: no more 64K limit on CLI labels

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 15 23:47:35 PST 2008

3.62 is shaping up to be the "let's get rid of hardcoded limits"
release.  I got inspired by Bryan Perry's post about people still
wanting to be able to use the CLI, so I have implemented putting labels
in high memory, therefore avoiding the 64K total limit.

This is now released as 3.62-pre7.  If you happen to have a use case for
this, I would be interested in finding out how well it works.

Next, I'll probably try to get rid of the hardcoded limits in the menu
system (currently limited to 4096 labels per menu), and if I get really
ambitious, implement a better submenu system.